OUR WEEKLY EVENTS
We are a regional Ekklesia which operates as an apostolic training center with an apostolic leader, a team of elders, a pastoral team with a focus on the 5 fold ministry gifts found in Ephesians 4:11: apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists. Allow us to describe in detail what all of this means and how it can apply to the the everyday visitor here at The CityGate.
Jesus wrote in Matthew 16:8 “I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church” The word He used that has been translated “church” is the Greek word “ekklesia.” Ekklesia in Jesus’ time indicated a convocation of people in a city or region that had the authority to make decisions of government. In other words, the ekklesia Jesus is building in the earth is an expression of His government – the Kingdom of God – being brought into the earth to effect change so that the territory where His ekklesia is established begins to look more like “heaven on earth.” We are committed to being an expression of Christ’s Ekklesia within our territory…not the only one, but a part of what Christ is doing in our territory to advance His Kingdom.
Apostolic Training Center
The CityGate is a training, equipping and activating ministry serving the Memphis-Metro area and beyond. Our passion is to see followers of Christ discipled and matured to fulfill their God-given dreams and destiny.
The Pastoral Team is here to provide an atmosphere in people’s lives that gives a sense of purpose, protection, and belonging. It is to lead people to a place of maturity that translates into a fulfilled life. In all, helping people realize their ability to accomplish their own vision as well as fulfilling the larger vision of the church.
Clay Nash has become a powerful prophetic voice declaring the Kingdom of Heaven in people’s everyday lives. As an apostle, he has founded and led numerous assemblies of believers as well as a network of relational covenants with ministers throughout the world. Apostle Clay serves on the team of Network Ekklesia International along with Dutch Sheets and Ken Malone as well as Global Spheres with Chuck Pierce and C. Peter Wagner. He has a doctorate in theology and is married to Susan, his wife of 41 years. They have three children, four grandchildren and countless spiritual sons and daughters.
- We believe all people are made in the image of God, and as such have inherent worth and value (Gen 1:27). We believe God’s love is best reflected by showing love and recognizing the worth and value in all people.
- We believe all people are created with a unique purpose and have specific gifts and talents. We believe God has prepared a place in Heaven for those who will place their trust in Christ, and believers are coheirs with Christ (Jn 14:2, Gal 4:7).
- We believe that God created the earth in 6 days and rested on the 7th day (Genesis 1). God is the creator of all things and all things have been created through Him and for Him (Colossians 1:16).
- We believe Jesus is the Son of God, one of three parts of the Trinity and is also God Himself. Jesus lived a sinless life, died, was buried, and rose again, conquering death and the grave, in order that we may have freedom in this life and the life to come (2 Corinthians 5:21).
- We believe that the Holy Spirit quickens believers to live a supernatural life, filled with signs, wonders, and miracles, because we serve a supernatural God who desires that all men be drawn to Himself and be reconciled to the Father. The Holy Spirit goes out from the Father to bring truth and testify about the Father, so that we are guided into all truth (John 15 & 16).
- We believe that the life of the believer should not be boring. As God’s children, we can “Enjoy God at all times” by living a life filled with purpose.
- We believe in creative missions, international missions, creative miracles, and supernatural manifestations of God’s glory in the life of the believer. Apart from the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit, believers will live ordinary lives, similar to those in the world, not bearing the fruit that the Father desires (Colossians 1:5, Galatians 5:22-23, Romans 6:20-22, John 15:1-8).
Listen, download, & subscribe to podcasts from CityGate Southaven. Messages from Clay Nash, Dutch Sheets, Pastor Dan Billman, Matt Coss, and others available for FREE download on our podcast channel.